View Single Post
07-23-2012   #15 (permalink)
Recette
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

As I said before, they can get them illegally, but getting weapons in the black market is a more difficult job than getting them legally. If you are blacklisted because you commited a crime, you can always ask for dealers who have a clean record and do not mind selling them illegally.

I already gave my two cents regarding self defense with weapons. Back in the days where everyone was up to themselves, this was a reasonable thing, but these days this is outdated. They cause much more trouble than it is worth. Besides unknown psychopaths (this is not the first mass shooting in the US) you see accidental deaths because kids think handling weapons is cool and their parents are incompetent. Finally, there is a 50 50 percent chance that you will not be able to get to use your weapon in the first place - if you have a weapon in the head and the criminal is a seasoned one, getting your hands on the weapon can be difficult, to say the least. Leave guns to the police.

Or as I suggested, make access much more difficult. Keep a registration list and do regular assessments on the weapons and their owners - at the first sign of trouble confiscate the weapon. And seriously, forbid or restrict (gun range only or only if you have 10+ years as a responsible small gun owner) things like rifles and submachine guns - they are not for self defense so no reason to allow the public to get their hands on them.

Regarding health care, that was just a random example to show how the inequality of the US society. Hospitals will get full if their are not funded, but that is not a huge issue in developed countries where they are actually. The drawback is much higher taxes to fund these systems (I believe the average Canadian spends about 40% of their income in taxes, American 27%). Then again, these 40% actually allow everyone in Canada (ironically an opposite example in which is what I believe to be the only developed country which does not allow private health care to operate) to have nearly free access to health care while in the US if you slacked off and decided to skip insurance, which many people stupidly do, you are toast if you have an accident and have to spend some time in intensive care (some 5k a day without insurance, covered by tax dollars in Canada if you are a resident and paying taxes so you do not have to pay a dime). As a nurse I know other nurses who actually worked both sides of the border, and they are all appalled on how the poor are treated by American health care system. The main drawback is maintaining money flow and recent Canadian governments have moved closer and closer to American mentality, where public cost cutting and tax cuts (which benefit only the rich, keep in mind, not the middle class or lower) have resulted in cuts to the health care system, but the system still works well, so far.

If the rich do charity is mostly because it allows them to actually pay even less in taxes, so that is a non issue. The rich will still "give out" but they will recoup everything and some more thanks to generous tax cuts people are entitled to if they donate money away (and plus looks good for their reputation too). The rich are hoarding money, that is it, there is a recent report you can find that states that the American rich have hoarded 30 trillion dollars away in other countries to keep them safe from taxes.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~