View Single Post
07-21-2012   #2 (permalink)
InfernalGuy
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

InfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond reputeInfernalGuy has a reputation beyond repute

Infernalguy's guide to elemental

melee

There will be 3 parts in my guide:

1. Elemental melee against monsters with no DP and no resistance
2. Elemental melee against monsters with DP, but no resistance
3. Elemental melee against monsters with DP and resistance

1. Elemental melee against monsters with no DP and no resistance

Let's start at coral beach. Here we have a perfect monster for our tests - torobbie.

As you can see in the picture, torobbie has no defence points and 100% damage tolerance, which means he will receive FULL damage without any reductions. The reason I underlined dark and fire is because I will use that kind of attribute for my tests.

At this picture you see me hitting a torrobie. As you can see, my AP is equal to damage dealt, that means our prediction about no damage reduce is right

Now we can see the most basic formula for our hit damage: hit damage = user AP. You should've already know that.

Next picture shows my critical damage

If you already know Trickster Online basics, you should be aware of critical hit formula: critical hit damage = user AP*1.5

Let's put the numbers in and check: 138*1.5=207; that's the exact amount we should get

From now on, things will get a little harder - I will be using my fire attribute melon stick. Picture please

You see the damage number? It is far more bigger than my AP, how come? That is because of fire attribute I have. At first sight, there might be NO connection between my AP and damage dealt, but there is actual formula: hit damage with attribute = user AP+user AP*attribute.
It might sound stupid now, but let's put in the numbers (100% attribute is equal to 1): 138+138*1.1=289.8
That is the numbers we see in my screen shot.

Ok, let's move onto critical hits with attribute on. It isn't very hard

We just need to combine our critical hit formula with our hit damage with attribute formula: critical hit damage with attribute = (user AP+user AP*elemental attribute)*1.5;

To make it clear, let's put the numbers in formula: (138+138*1.1)*1.5=434.7; That is exact number as in the picture

Just to make it even more clearer, I will show how 2 different kinds of elemental attributes works.

At this ^ picture you can see that I have fire and dark attribute, my damage increases even more, although the formula stays the same: hit damage= user AP*elemental attribute; I shall put in the numbers: 138+138*1.1+138*1.35=476.1; roughly the same amount we see in the screen shot

The same applies to critical hits

Formula stays EXACTLY the same as before, so I will just move on to the numbers part: (138+138*1.1+138*1.35)*1.5=714.15;

This is the end of part 1. As you can see, elemental attribute seems to be WAY more effective than only AP and is a great way to increase your damage dealt, even with low amounts of base AP (like I have).

Basic formulas for elemental melee: AP+AP*elemental %;
Critical hit formula: (AP+AP*elemental %)*1.5;

OR

if you feel like you can skip the base AP part, you can just add +1 to your elemental attribute (for now; as we will see later, this can't be done with monsters that has elemental resist): AP*elemental%+1

Last edited by InfernalGuy; 07-21-2012 at 02:40 AM.