View Single Post
07-16-2012   #1 (permalink)
buta
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute
Default Blacklight Retribution

Currently free on steam. The graphics are pretty nice for a free to play game. It's pretty flashy.

If I were to say one thing about what sets this apart from other shooters is the Hyper-Reality Visor or HRV for short. Basically, everyone has wallhax in this game. You press V and the world turns something like wireframe and enemy locations can be seen. It takes a little while getting used to, but it certainly adds some strategic differences to this game compared to other FPS games.

TotalBiscuit (whose video i have linked below) gives a pretty good overview of the microtransaction model they use so I'll skip that. Each game start, you get points towards "unlocks" for enemies your kill or objectives you clear (ie. return or capture the flag). Using these you can buy different weapons or even a huge mech to pilot around (if you're on the opposing side verse the mech, press V to use HRV and find flashing blue parts on robot. That's weak spot.).

Launch Trailer

TotalBiscuit's WTF IS THIS

Homepage: http://blacklight.perfectworld.com/
Steam: Blacklight: Retribution on Steam