View Single Post
07-05-2012   #1 (permalink)
Cornflake
Static

Cornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to allCornflake is a name known to all
Default microsoft makes me very angry

i have a valid copy of windows xp. i paid for it, and it has been installed for over 5 years.
a few months ago i switched my antivirus to MSE and it started telling me windows was invalid on nearly every boot(which was fixed quickly by clicking the validate button).

today i had an optical drive fail, though it's been broken for over a year, and suddenly my copy of windows was invalid.
because my isp is simply awful i couldn't connect to the internet to validate how they wanted me to and i had this looming [You have 3 days] notification. when i was finally able to connect i activated it online using the WGA tool, it went well once i was able to connect.
i fully expect this to happen every time i boot now and sometimes i'm without internet for over 3 days. this is seriously making me reconsider my purchase of windows 7 when i upgrade my computer in 2 months.