View Single Post
06-30-2012   #4 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiBo
I never was a PVP fan, but I guess it would be fun to mess around once in a while, if there aren't (much) death penalties like the -10% durability >_>
They'll probably nerf some stats in PVP or something, since some people may die in less than a second.
Yeah, they'll probably remove the gear death penalty/any death penalties for PvP, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I think they'll do something where they balance out the stats itself for everybody in the arena and make it so certain weapons (such as cold) have no chance to freeze/stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
inb4 they make a Resilience stat for PvP gears and pretty much turn it into WoW.

-- I'd love for PvP to use different gears. Preferably ones that have stats that would only be useful in PvP (like if they were to add a resilience stat, which is an extra flat out %damage reduction from other players) that can't be looted from mobs. Instead a points system where you exchange points won from matches in order to purchase PvP-centered gear. That way we can cut out the RMAH from this half of the game.
This is an excellent idea, and I agree with it. It also would be nice if they had PvP levels that took a while to level up (such as how 59-60 takes in PvM would be like level 1-2 takes in PvP [with a level cap of 20 or so]); I'm not sure of the bonuses, but things such as extra banner customization would be nice.

Quote:
Obviously, that won't happen. The closest it would probably get is to allow the PvP gears to be tradeable so they can stuff 'em into the RMAH and make it a bit easier to make money. And if that were the case, I can see PvE gears having almost no value since everyone will be playing PvP instead of PvE.

I don't know. This'll be interesting how it plays out.
Like I said in the original post, originally PvP will probably just be an arena tack on. I'm sure they'll release extra PvP options and stuff later down the road via a patch, and probably other extra stuff with future expansions (I don't have the source, but it was basically stated that it was planned to have around 3 expansion packs).

Quote:
But back on-topic, I'm definitely looking forward to the PvP patch. I enjoy the occasional PvP match here and there. It's a great way to break up the monotony of farming in PvE since there isn't much of a metagame aside from trying to farm Act 3 and 4 without many problems.
Once you have the gear you need/want and conquer Inferno, the game is pretty much over at that point as it is now (I'm still in Act I of Inferno but I do feel that I have already got my money's worth of entertainment). That is, if you don't decide to do hardcore or make other characters. So yeah, it is pretty nice to see that other people share the same enthusiasm for PvP as I.