Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northrigde, California
IGN: Hekutaa / Yaripon / Flins
Guild: Mirage Coordinator
The Last Log Off: Contest Over, Now Have a Prize.
Hey everyone at Mirage Coordinator! And those who have stumbled upon this thread!
Iíve been here at Mirage Coordinator for a good two years and a fellow Trickster for four years, and I think itís time I say goodbye. Iím leaving for college in a couple of months. I expect it to get marginally harder there academically, so I just want to throw a summertime funtime contest before I log off for good.
Now, Iím rather sure you know me as the guildís self-titled writer, so Iím sure youíre half-aware of the story I have written.
So hereís the contest, everyone: my story is what opened up my love for Mirage Coordinator, and I believe that we should pay a small tribute to what bound some of us together.
The topic is the entirety of the story Between Innocence and Resolve.
That being said, all the characters, its universe, and its settings are fair play for this contest. So if you havenít read Between Innocence and Resolve
before, itíd be a pretty good idea to read it, or at least skim it and have a general idea of the plot.
That being said, you have several options:
There are regulations that you must follow.
- Rewrite an entire chapter. Thatís right, you have the ability to get rid of all of those plot holes, spelling errors, and little nitpicky details that I have learned to become less fond of as I finished the story. Long story (pun unintended) short, there are some major problems with my story. Fix them. Make your chapter something you might find in a local bookstore.
- Illustrate a fight scene. For all of you doodlers and artists out there, youíre able to draw one of the short-yet-relatively-detailed fight scenes. But keep it short; as much as I would like to see every detail and every single ice shard erupting from Hekuís hand, we donít want it to become several episodes of Dragonball Z.
- Draw a character. If drawing fight scenes or altering my words arenít your thing, then look no further. You can draw some simple art of a character. Youíre allowed to draw any of the protagonists / antagonists except for Heku.
- Write a narrative: You can choose to write a narrative about a character in my story. To help you, here's a prompt: this character is walking through the war-torn streets of Lumisade. They notice the decrepit ruins of the streets and the houses. Several people come out of the streets and look at the character. What does the character do? Youíre allowed to write about any of the protagonists / antagonists except for Heku.
- Draw / write about the setting. Hereís the resident wild card. I have a lot of different settings, and I like to implore a bit of scenery pron into my writing, so you can draw or have a little narration about the setting. Artists, just draw a setting, like a landscape painting. For the writers of this part, hereís a topic to get you started: youíre a cartographer with neither a name nor qualities that you will discuss. Youíre tasked with exploration of the area, so talk about the area in immense detail. Include flora and fauna.
- Please keep things canon. As erratic and unnecessarily unpredictable my story can get, Iíd like the status quo to stay as it was. In short, be creative, but not wildly creative to the point that the rest of the story makes no sense, or at least less sense than it already has.
- My storyís universe is not truly Tricksterís universe. Try to keep it that way. If you look at it, my universe is decidedly more diesel punk than the world of Trickster Onlineís world. It's also the 1930s equivalent of Northern Germany. If you noticed, some of the locations are nonexistent in the world of T.O. and vice versa. So keep in mind that this universe does not implore the same clothing / animal ears and tails of T.O. Between Innocence and Resolve is its own universe.
- There is a 3,000 word limit for all written entries
- There is a 4-page limit for drawn entries (i.e. if your entry is a comic, you have four pages to express everything)
- All types of art are accepted. Pixel art, minimalistic art, you name it. As long as I can see it and analyze it. And as long as it is comprehensible. But,
- Keep everything "Safe for Work" (SFW) With the exception of more than a little gore for fight scenes, I'd like everything relatively clean. The universe is in the 1930s, so there isn't much cursing there to begin with. Try to keep it that way. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with blood, not jet-streams of blood.
- Please remember to include the prompt with the entry. I'm not looking for an outline or anything, just say "I did prompt #2" or "This is my take on prompt #4." It makes it easier for everyone to know what you're doing.
Now the prizes. You guys like rare stuff, right?
- First place gets Secret Card #16, a choice of five other Secret Cards, the skill card White Pearl, and 10 mil Galder.
- Second place gets Secret Card #1, a choice of four Secret Cards, and 5 mil Galder.
- Third place (if we have this many entrants) gets a choice of two Secret Cards and 3 mil Galder.
Here is a list of available cards you can choose from. Please keep in mind that I have only one of each card
. The cards are on a first come, first serve basis. So if a winner (say third place) posts the cards they want before another winner (say first place), third place gets the rights to the cards first.
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14
You have until June 24th to submit your entries to this thread. The cutoff time is 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time (PDT).
If for some reason I see "June 25th" on the post date, I will not
Voting will last approximately three days on a separate thread
, and on June 27th
, I will post the winners.
Post your questions on this thread, and Iíll be more than happy to reply to them! Please do not
send me PMs regarding questions, as I see that as a little unfair.
That being said, may Luck be the wind beneath your wings.
Anyway, now that the nonexistent contest is over, I promised that I would write one last piece of prose for my fellow guildmates.
Last edited by Hekutaa; 06-25-2012 at 10:58 AM.