View Single Post
05-29-2012   #12 (permalink)
Chastity
Guild Leader
Games
Trickster Online

Chastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to allChastity is a name known to all
IGN: ForeverNAlways
Class: Soul Master to_bard
Level: 27x
Guild: Soul Calibur <3

Hi Aqua~

I made it to this thread. Friendships work like relationships too. It's not a one-sided thing. Both have to work for their friendship. I also don't like asking for help from people because I don't want to burden them or I feel like I would owe them. In my culture - when you do someone a favor, you need to pay them back with a favor too. I usually end up over-doing it...if you do 1 small favor for me I'd probably be always buying things for you or giving items for free.

Spoiler!

I like this quote, mainly because it shows you who your friends are. From what you said about your friend...she may be using you. Friends don't do that. Yes it hurts when you get betrayed by someone you trust but if you never put yourself out there or you're not willing to get hurt to find someone who will be your best friend, then you'll have a hard time finding someone who will be there for you always.

Friends are there to listen to you talk about your problems and help you back, this should work vise versa. So you would help her if she had a problem too.

Quote:
Actually, I feel that in the society, everyone needs to take care of themselves. Everyone are busy with their own life. It seems like no one truly cares. I don't feel confident being open to others anymore. It isn't healthy, but I don't know what to do.
I have always wished that there is someone to share my thoughts with, but I don't think people are created for such things. People are selfish it seems...
My mom used to tell me to look out for myself only and to stop being so nice to people. Because they're only going to use me and take advantage of me. She'd basically tell me to be selfish. And I don't agree with that. I believe if you're nice to people, people will return the same favor. I'm not saying there aren't people who won't take advantage because I know they will...but in the long run, would you rather be known as someone who cares and is kind? Or someone who's a selfish person who only cares about him/herself. I don't believe my mom is a selfish person but I do believe she's afraid people would use me because I care and trust everyone. She wants me to take care of myself first before caring for other people.

People do care - you just have to put yourself out there and find the right person. Like I said above you're going to get hurt in the process but you'd most likely find a best friend you'd be friends with until you grow old.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^
I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same.

Hunting Service in Fantasia