View Single Post
05-26-2012   #36 (permalink)
Jessica
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

I don't think teens/young adults are into real great women anymore. This makes sense here, all the women listed were idols or role models(and actually DID something, unlike Kim who got famous because of her father? And Snooki's famous for partying and doing stupid things, Nicki is just....Nicki) for younger women, and some men, and the 2010's list is how it is now. That's this generations role models. Yes, they could have put some better celebrities or even politicians but really, you look at the teenagers these days, they probably don't even know anyone who's actually a good influence.

Shouldn't be pointing out that they could put better people on the last panel, but that that IS what a majority of our teens look up too, in the US, at least. Because partying and being half naked all the time is what's "hot" right now.

And The Spice Girls are right there, I was raised in the 90s, and that was what most of the younger crowd, me included, looked up to.

I'm not saying that past icons and whatever else are perfect, but they had to actually do something to be famous and get their name known. It's pretty different now..

Last edited by Jessica; 05-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.