View Single Post
05-16-2012   #56 (permalink)
Mitchi
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascherit
Can anyone recommend really good base coat/top coats that don't create bubbles or smear nail polish? I'm currently using Sally Hansen Ultimate Shield (supposedly 2-in-1 base/top) and it keeps creating bubbles when I use it as a top coat
I use Sally Hansen strengthening with bamboo as my basecoat, and Seche Vite as my topcoat (which is amazing stuff, it's so shiny and smooth).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikeos
Is there any way to remove the skin (cuticle?) without clipping it/does cuticle remover cream/gel/whatever actually remove it too? I heard Sally Hansen's Cuticle Remover is really good, but I want to know exactly what it does before I buy some.

This is what I'm talking about:
Spoiler!
If you can get ahold of some filipino Pink Cuticle remover (that's actually what it's called) the stuff is amazing, and super cheap. It works wonders. You just put a little on (like a drop or two per nail) and let it sit for a couple of seconds, then use a pusher to push it back towards your finger. The cuticle will be so soft that you can wipe it off with a washcloth or brush it off with a nail brush (you wont even need to cut it at all).

There's another brand of the same stuff, called Hortaleza (this is what I use, my mom uses Pink, they both work the same).

Hortaleza Professional Cuticle Remover 100 mL - Yollie's Oriental Market

I'd take a picture of my current mani, but my camera hates me right now. It's shimmery purple with sky blue dots on the tips.