View Single Post
05-14-2012   #1 (permalink)
Math
STARVE THE EGO *
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineMapleStoryAudition
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

Math is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to beholdMath is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Sowwey
Class: Xe
Level: 1/50
Guild: Noctis
Default Worried about my friend?

So... I found out that my friend's emo. I don't know where else to post this, but I really want to help her out and I don't know how.

Today's Monday, so I asked how her weekend went. Her reply went along something like, "Oh, it was good! (she usually says it was normal/boring/just ok) I'm glad I'm going to get therapy again."
That was when I kind of stared at her. She doesn't seem to need therapy, she's a nice girl and usually sunshiny and happy most of the time. I asked her why, and she said that she suffers from depression and mental issues, and showed me the cuts on her arms and legs. She added that she's been to several therapy sessions in the past, which worked, but after a while she goes back to cutting. I'm guessing it's some sort of short-term fill of sanity.

Now I'm just really bothered by this. It's the first time someone told me they cut and show me what they do to themselves.
I don't know what to do..should I even do anything? I've only met her this year, it would be awfully nosy to poke my nose in her situation, since it's obviously a big deal. But then again, this is sort of a big deal for me; she's truly an amazing friend.