Thread: Cooking! :D
View Single Post
06-22-2008   #12 (permalink)
Ascherit
doki doki freestyle only
Special
Games
Sword 2MabinogiTrickster OnlineRagnarok Online
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Beginner

Ascherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond reputeAscherit has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ascherit
Level: weak
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuyaBaka
I hate anything with pork blood in it. My parents tried to get me to eat it when I was a kid. I hated it then, I'll hate it now.
D: YOU MADMAN. Pork blood is delicious.

I'm Thai, so in dishes like 'Nom Jeen' (lolfailromanization), pork blood is a MUST, or else the soup will taste...stale. Pork blood in its gelatinous form is also tasty. It's chewy and compliments the soup very well.

Also, the only dish I know how to make is wonton soup. I can't really give any specifics on the dish since I don't measure the ingredients, but it's basically a pound of ground pork mixed with 1 egg, 3 spoonfuls of oyster sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper, 1 spoonful of some sort of bean sauce, and 3 spoonfuls of corn starch. The wonton wrappers you can buy at any Asian supermarket or at the Asian section in your local Fiesta store.

For wonton assembly, place a small spoonful of the pork mixture into the middle of a wonton wrapper and using your finger, dab each corner of the wrapper with egg yolk. (the egg yolk acts a 'glue' for the corners of the wontons to stick to each other) Then, you fold the wrapper diagonally so it meets its opposite corner and dab some more egg yolk on the right side of the triangle. Next you bring the two leg corners up and tuck the egg yolk corner underneath the dry corner. And that's how you assemble the wonton~

As for the soup, it's all up to your preferences, but I usually make my soup with water, chicken boulion cubes, bean sauce, and some salt and pepper.

Tip: Don't cook the wontons in the soup, cook them in a pot of boiling water first, THEN transfer them into the soup.

these swimming gays ruined my life