View Single Post
04-23-2012   #7 (permalink)
Yumidesu
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy

Eh, I've been told to make a resume, but... I've also heard it would be kinda pointless. Since I don't really have anything to put on there.

But I was talking to my dad who's had a job ever since he was 16 (he's like 52 right now) and he asked if I had a resume. I said "Well... no. I mean, I don't really have anything worth a crap to put onto the resume, so I don't really see any point in it." then he said "Well, think about this. You and one other person apply for a job. He has the same amount of inexperience you do. Dropped out of school like you did. Never had a job. But he went through the trouble of obtaining a resume. You didn't. That shows that the other person is willing to put in effort, as opposed to you looking like you don't care or are slacking off." to which I said "Yeah, I suppose you're right."

So, blegh. But I don't even know where or how to create a resume. I could ask a friend, though.

Also, wanted to add something. Uhm, my mom's going to school. Everest, I think it is. They're paying her for going to school there after a few months, and giving her a laptop as well. Lol. She wants me to go since I'd get paid for it too, but I don't care for any of the degrees there. Nothing interests me. But it's something like $2,200 ~ $2,500 after a few months. But what I really want to do is get a job somewhere and get some money saved up so I can be nice and stable, and then apply for loans/grants to try to get into ITT Tech, if possible. That's where my dreams and interests lie. Do you guys think that's kinda... setting my expectations too high and such?

Last edited by Yumidesu; 04-23-2012 at 10:38 AM.