04-20-2012   #18 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
being exonerated of a crime doesn't necessarily mean you're innocent. there's a certain stigma attached to being arrested that will affect these kids for years to come.
Again, back to my "suffering the consequences because you made a stupid decision" point/idea. Usually arrests (without trials and such, unless they're big things like murder) don't show up on records that will directly impact them.

Quote:
wouldn't something like counseling or therapy, in the presence of her parents, be much more helpful? she's ****ing 6.
The article didn't tell how the story ended after her arrest but I imagine that's where she was sent. I probably should mention that when she was "arrested," she was likely cuffed and just sent home to her parents. The article didn't exactly clarify, but "arrested" seems much more dramatic than what actually may have happened.

Quote:
tell me why skipping a class is fair grounds for arrest? if i was being fined for missing a few classes i'd feel better off dropping out, and i don't think people dropping out of highschool is a good thing (most of the time). i simply think the law needs to be more lenient and that's a problem police officers sent to protect the students should understand.
1) It's a law that you have to attend school until you're at least, what 15 or 16?

2) Usually truancy cases just end with students being sent back to their school or parents (if off grounds) or just asked to go to class. In modern truancy, it takes a few offences before you're actually persecuted.

3) Officers in school are usually not in charge of truancy either. If the school notices you've been absent from classes a significant number of times, it becomes their job to file truancy charges, not the police officers.