04-18-2012   #14 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
I don't claim that kids are innocent angels or anything of the sort. What I'm saying is that a lot of people make stupid mistakes when they're young. And if it was just school shooters and pedophiles that the police were there to prosecute, I'd have no problem with it, but kids are getting arrested for burping or farting in class. Do you think the police really needed to get involved in those cases?
Stupidity is no reason for leniency unless the person is completely incapacitated (i.e., insane or mentally disabled). You know by smoking that weed there is that chance, however small it may be, that you get caught. You should accept the consequences.

I don't know how I feel about the burping, but if the student managed to cause a significant amount of "unrest" in the classroom through his burp, that's fair game. On the fart case, the kid was also turning off computers. And again, just because they get arrested doesn't mean things will actually happen. Arrest doesn't instantly mean you're guilty.