04-16-2012   #5 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornflake
i don't know what's involved in a truancy fine but skipping a day or half a day of classes is normal around here. you'll get a bit of a lecture and they'll contact your parents if you're under 18 (sometimes). i guess i could understand a fine if they decided not to go for 2 weeks and didn't provide any reason.

if the police are there to protect the kids then why do they make it a goal to frighten them? isn't it a bit counter productive?
It's against the law to skip school (real). Education is compulsory in the United States, hence truancy courts who deal with students, who are truant (cut classes). Unless you have formally dropped out of school, or your parents have cleared you from attending a day (or a number of days), you must be in school.

Not all police forces are omgsoscurry. Good media picks out the basket cases to make sensationalist stories that aren't accurate. Speaking from my experience with the policemen and women stationed in my school, they're not all omgsoscurry. All ten to twelve I've had from middle school to high school (one in DC and one in Colorado, where they have the day of the Columbine shooting off and do regular drills in case another happens), have all been friendly and more interested in being friends with the students.