View Single Post
04-03-2012   #9 (permalink)
Jessica
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelie
If the blood is getting trapped underneath they might need to get removed. Which is not fun (I recently got one toenail removed as it was trapping in infection, and after two rounds of antibiotics the other one got worse, it's probably going this Friday)

Go. See. A. Podiatrist. And get new shoes! They're probably digging in by forced-ingrowth from small shoes.

I can't stress how much getting a toenail removed sucks, and this being from experience. If this is just your shoes being too small, it could've been prevented and I'm envious that you could've kept your toenails. Mine won't grow back in until after the summer if I'm lucky, and it can take up to a year where I won't have two big toenails.

Oh, and they can grow back in wrong and need to be permanently killed by burning the nail bed. Letting this go unchecked can potentially end in permanent loss of toenail assuming they need to be removed and assuming they don't grow in right.

edit: I wish I had more obvious warning signs for my problem, I didn't see the discoloration because the infection came from a pedicure so I had polish on. If I had caught this earlier, it would have just been epsom soaks and antibiotics. Now after two different antibiotics and constant soaking, my other toe got worse. Don't cheat yourself, see a doctor. It may not hurt, but having blood trapped under the nail I'm sure can lead to complications. It might not even be drainable anymore, I don't know. But the thought of anyone else losing toenails sickens me because it's just an unfavorable experience.

I know how that is. I used to wear small shoes and cut my toenails wrong as a teenager, I waited too long and had to get it removed. It grew back okay until it got to the tip of my toe, then it started to curve. I finally showed my mom, she got worried and took me again. After that the nail hasnt been the same. But since all that Ive been wearing looser shoes and dont clip my nails too short.

Im really mad at the prescription I got the second time. The antibiotics caused problems in my stomach that took 2 years, and tons of prevacid meds, to get rid of.

I have had something like that before, only a little smaller, and I just let it grow out. I just covered it with nail polish once a week, and waited a year. But since yours is the whole nail, Id get it checked out atleast.