I cooked an egg into a piece of toast... it took me a few tries. x.o;
.___. *burnt the bread*
I usually just throw things around in the kitchen, but I follow a recipe for tiramisu<3
*steals her recipes from else where* Dx; I actually have a notepad for recipes.
500g Mascarpone cheese
1 table spoon icing sugar
1c strong black coffee
16+ lady fingers (Depends on size of pan)
cocoa powder or hot chocolate
a deep pan (depends on how high or wide you want it; most people build up)
-separate the whites and yolks from the two eggs
-in the bowl with the yolks, beat them lightly, then add the table spoon of icing sugar; mix together
-in the bowl with the whites, beat/whisk until stiff and forms soft peeks
-in a larger bowl, mix the yolks (with the icing sugar) with the Mascarpone cheese
-fold in the egg whites until they're folded together
-have the pan ready and dip one side of the lady fingers(they absorb liquid quickly) into the coffee and lay them side by side on the bottom of the pan
-dust the layer of lady fingers with the cocoa powder or hot chocolate (use the sift)
-spread SOME of the mascarpone cheese/egg/icing sugar mix ontop of the lady fingers
-add another layer of lady fingers dipped in coffee
-cocoa powder or hot chocolate
-add cheese mix
-continue this until you've run out of mix and lady fingers
The top layer should be the cheese mix. Cover the top with tinfoil, and leave it to chill for several hours (just leave it over night).
Before eating: Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder or hot chocolate and enjoy.
I also tried to make Churro's but they didn't turn out very well... b> playdough squeezer thingy
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (reduced from 1 3/4 cups)
pinch of salt (reduced from 1/4 t)
1 T sugar (reduced from 2 T; most times I omit it)
1/4 cup veg oil (other recipes use butter)
1 egg, beaten (can add a few drops of vanilla)
1/4 cup fine brown or white sugar
1 t cinnamon powder
1 cup water
1. Mix together the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon powder well, leave aside.
2. Put oil and water into a small pot. Sift flour, salt and sugar together. When water boils, switch off heat and put in all the flour and stir well with a wooden spoon. This part needs a lot of muscles as the dough is quite stiff.
3. After 2 min, add the egg into the dough and stir well till all the egg is absorbed.
4. Heat up about 6 cups of veg oil in a small pot. Find the largest star nozzle (best if about 1/2 "/1.25 cm in diameter) you have and, using a cloth piping bag or plastic piping tube (a plastic bag one will burst), push the dough out into small coils or 's' shapes directly into the hot oil (caution: one of my friends, a Spaniard, burnt herself very badly cooking churros so do be careful).
5. Turn churros over to get even browning. When it is medium brown, scoop it out onto paper towels to drain. Then quickly toss into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve hot.
I find a lot of recipes on soompi forums... which I go on rarely. x.o;;