View Single Post
03-05-2012   #463 (permalink)
Rhinehart
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

I just finished reading Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler. It's the fourth book in the Jane True series, a recent addition to the urban fantasy genre.

Spoiler!

It's about a woman who discovers she's half human, half selkie (see Celtic mythology) and suddenly, a whole new world (practically, even though it's still on Earth) opens up to her. Though the circumstances involve murder, mayhem, a race war and a conspiracy.

The author's writing style is very good and often hilarious. The humor of the author and the main character, Jane True, is pretty much what keeps me locked in this book...series. I highly recommend it if you can handle the adult content.

And this kinda sorta turned into a bit of a review. But ah well.