I personally think that friend rice tastes better with carrots than peas. Carrots have a subtle sweetness to them, especially if cooked just right.
A cooking forum would be totally awesome, though I'm sure it'd turn out to be a sub-forum to something.
As for cooking, I love Italian. Now, I can't roll out my own pasta (although I'd REALLY like to learn how to) and am forced to buy the boxed stuff, but I make my red sauces myself.
Italian Red Sauce
= About 4 cans of whole tomatoes (Italian tomatoes for more Italian flavor)
= Some EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
= 2-3 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
= Some Red Pepper Flakes
= 1 Cup of Red Wine (use the cooking wines if you must)
= Dried Oregano
= Salt/Pepper to taste
= Some basil
1. Puree tomatoes, remove seeds if any
2. Heat the olive oil in medium heat in a medium saucepan
3. Add garlic and saute until lightly browned
4. Add red pepper flakes
5. While the oil is still hot, pour in half of the tomato puree and wine
6. Mix, then add the rest of the tomatoes
7. Add oregano and simmer until thickened
8. Add basil and salt/pepper to taste
FFXIV(Midgardsormr): Euler Breslau - 60 SMN, AST, SCH, WHM, BRD, BLM, CUL, GSM, BTN, MIN, LTW, CRP, WVR
tumblr? | twitter me timbers!