View Single Post
02-22-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterBloodline Champions
Iknowyou has a spectacular aura aboutIknowyou has a spectacular aura about
Default [Proxy] Pictorial Guide to Bypassing IP Ban

This is a proxy tutorial designed to help US players overcome IP Ban that was implemented by Wasabii after the 21/02/12 maintenance. Of course, if Wasabii ends up IP banning SEA region, this guide can also help you get pass the ban.

I thought that I would make a guide for players who are unfamiliar with setting up a proxy and also because Amazon Web Services is offering a free EC2 virtual server for newly registered users for a period of 12 month. Not only do you get a free 12 month worth of proxy, the virtual server is very fast, as the connection is not shared amongst other users.

What exactly happens when you play Gundam via a proxy?
Your Computer --> Host Computer (Proxy Server) --> Gundam Server
In this case, you are connecting to the Gundam server via a different IP. This allows you to bypass the IP ban, provided that the Host computer isn't in the banned region.

Please do note that this is a "FREE" Proxy, but is just as good, if not, better than "PAID" Proxies out there. Or else I wouldn't have made this post... Let me just emphasise that again. This is not like the slow free proxy that you may have used in the past. I received minimal lag running gundam through this proxy when I tested it!

Due to the author's discretion, the original content of this guide has been relocated to

[Guide] Bypass Any IP Bans

Last edited by Iknowyou; 08-14-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Updated contents