View Single Post
02-06-2012   #1 (permalink)
Yumidesu
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default I'm, apparently, turning/have turned into a completely different person

Alright, so here's the dilemma.

I'm with this guy named... Joe. Let's call him that. Anyways, I spend a lot of time with Joe, right? I'm the submissive type. I do whatever he wants to do, or wants me to do. I spend pretty much 100% of my time with him. This is a long-distance relationship, by the way. Online and all. Well, see. Before I met him, when I was single, I would play games with a bunch of my friends. Talk to them a bunch. That kind of thing. I mean, I still talk to them. Just not all day, and I don't really Skype with them, as I'm busy Skyping (in a call) with Joe. Well, I asked my friend Myles, who is a good friend of mine. I used to talk to him quite a few hours every day, and call him and talk for a few hours as well. But I've barely talked to him lately. So, I asked him if I did something wrong. He said no. He told me that I've become this completely different person. That I went from spending a bunch of time with my friends and having fun, to being confined to Joe.

Now, this is just me but... I prioritize relationships highly. I find my significant other to be more important than anyone else. Other than my immediate family. So, my significant other is more important than my friends. I see it as they're just selfish or something. It seems like they can't accept that I want to spend so much time with Joe to make him happy. The time I spend with him is tenfold more fun than the time I spend with friends. And I've always saw it as this:

Friends will come and ago. They're friends. But soul mates (for those that you don't believe in that, let's call them really special/important lovers/girlfriends/boyfriends/) are special. There's only one of them. And you need to make sure that they stick around. Like your mom or dad or your life. You only get one. If you lose them, you'll regret it.

That's just me. But... I feel really bad that I've been like this. As much as I want to spend more time with them, I'm just a submissive person who hangs out with Joe pretty much all the time and does whatever he wants to do. But I don't want to lose my friends...

What do I do? Am I kinda ****ed? Or can I turn this around?