View Single Post
01-22-2012   #5 (permalink)
Recette
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineBright ShadowDivina OnlinePhantom Brave Online

Recette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond reputeRecette has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Lesliesun
Class: Merchant to_soulmaster
Level: 15xx
Guild: Depraved

Nice guide, but I will disagree with one big thing - Mist of Mana is far more useful. Remember that even at Master the MP increase is 3.6x, which may seem substantial, but is really not a lot if you are casting spells all the time, in the end your MP bar will end depleted, just a minute or two later.

Granted, you learn it earlier, but there are only two MP consuming spells in the beginning, your attacking spell of choice - Arrow or Ring, the former should be kept at a low level due to high MP consumption and similar damage output as the beginning spell, I am not sure about Ring because I avoid it until later on, and Cure. The beginning spell, which should be the primary attacking skill of choice until Paradise is finished, is very MP friendly.

Also, having both mastered Ballad + Aura, it is of my opinion that the decrease in MP consumption is minimal. The combo will allow you to use 11 or so less potions out of 100, assuming you are continuously casting, at the cost of the inconvenience of having to activate both every 3 min. If you are doing something like questing or PvP they are even less useful as the less you cast during this period the less benefits both spells provide.

Also, as a side note, Ring is not really that faster, I do find it cooler, but as the Ring keeps hanging on the air for a while it has overall the same hit speed, and the cooldown is not a decisive factor as you can cast the beginning spell (which I believe should be the primary choice until Paradise is finished off).

Considering that you will definitively need the power from AR + Mist by the time you reach the 2nd job trials, I would rather spend the TM points in these first and then in AoE spells, and maybe then Ring (unless you need it for a prerequisite) and Ballad + Aura.

Recette - Witch 400 | EmiriTachibana - Diva 400 | SakuraHiiragi - Champion 35x | AnaJessicaAyano - Soul Master 26x | LeslieSun - Witch 26x

Bye Bright Shadow Japan, I will miss you all and my bunch of characters very much ~~