01-20-2012   #55 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
You still completely missed his point. Now I wonder if you read them or just glanced at them to pick out pretty words to use in your replies.
From his post, I draw that musicians do not get most of their money from sales, but rather public appearances. The record company is the one who relies on the sales to make their money. Spotify is legal. Spotify pays the record companies/artists to use their songs. Record companies still get sales because people cannot obtain the song in a portable form without buying a premium Spotify account (and Spotify pays the companies anyways so it's okay), so they buy the song or record.

Legal file-sharing may increase sales, but as far as I can tell, Justice's point is that piracy still increases sales. Which is left somewhat unanswered by the third article.