View Single Post
01-02-2012   #40 (permalink)
Rhinehart
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
Lying to the American public is always a political mistake. Watergate Scandal. Clinton-Lewinski debacle. Teapot Dome Scandal.
So it's okay to lie about peoples' constitutional rights, too? I don't really get what you're trying to say here.

Quote:
India has severe brain drain. All the smart and intelligent people leave India for Western Europe or the U.S. because there is nothing for them there. I would assume since you consider yourself educated you wouldn't want to work for Dell as a live support crew member. :x

As for Russia... it's had some post-USSR collapse economic troubles and kind of has this vendetta against the U.S. We don't hate each other, but we're not fans of each other really. Russia also arrested and tried a high-ranking CEO because he was gaining too much power. As far as I know, Putin (head of government of Russia) owns the company now.

When it comes down to it, I'd rather live in America than any country in the world. The only places that could even compete with America are Western Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Other than those countries, I'd rather just chill in America.

=================

Just a last word here:
It doesn't matter what the law says it will do and what it won't do, it all comes down to how the law is actually used.

Examples? National Interstate and Defense Highways Act. Our highway system is designed for use by the military, and that was how it was able to be passed. I don't know about you, but if I was around in 1956 I would be scared. Why would our military need a comprehensive road system? Canada is peaceful. Mexico is neck-deep in its own problems and militarily weak. Why would our military need to move efficiently through our country? Well.... now we (Civilians) use those delightful roads to move across the country.

The poll tax and reading tests laws during the Civil Rights movement in the South. Nothing wrong with the state extracting revenue from elections. Nothing wrong with the state making sure the voters are actually "educated" enough to vote. How'd it turn out? It disenfranchised the African Americans. Hell, let's throw in "Separate but equal" and Jim Crow laws. Were the facilities equal? No. Were the laws racist? Yup.

Those are just two examples, but the point is that it all comes down to how the law is used. Since America is a stable country and the President is often a very sane man with honorable intentions (as in, he doesn't want to make an authoritarian regime). If this was in like Egypt.... then I'd be concerned.

Lemme know what you think of this.