View Single Post
12-31-2011   #4 (permalink)
PedroRomero
Mr BLOW YOUR MIND Simple
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineWorld of WarcraftLineage II
Awards Retired Content StaffTwitter Fan

PedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond reputePedroRomero has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Seasoning
Class: Cleric & Knight to_gambler
Level: E
Guild: Hardcore

The sun was barely making its way through the cracks in the storeroom door when Sauda found her self being roused from her sleep. She had been sleeping on a pile of rags in the corner of the granary, curled up in between the clay pots. She sat up stifly, blinking away the sleep from her eyes and pushing back some dark locks that fell into her face.

After a yawn she looked around taking in her surroundings. Being in the granary told her one thing; she was currently working in the fields of Sekel. That was a good thing, working for him meant she was sure she would be paid for her toiling. Sekel was a generous man even to a foreigner like herself.

Raising her self up she fixed her robes and pulled out a tiny quarter of bread that was a stashed in pouch, nibbling on it a bit. In the silence of the room she found solace and comfort but it wouldn't last. She could hear the shouts of the other field workers from just outside as they gathered the various beasts from their place in the neighboring stables. She knew she had to join them lest she be scolded.

As soon as she was exiting the granary she was spotted by one of the men.

"Good morning," he stopped pushing at his donkey, looking at the young girl square on.

Sauda acknowledged the man with a look but ran off as best as she could towards the mill house where she knew she was working that day. She was making her way down along the path and admiring the beauty of the day a slight smile playing upon her lips. She didn't even notice the other girl coming up beside her.

"Good morning, Sauda," the girl greeted.

Sauda turned and acknowledged the girl with a smile that reached her eyes.

"Today you're in the mill as well?" she asked but didn't wait for the other to reply. "What a relief. I was sure old Efrat would be with me. I love her to death but she's as deaf as a stone!"

Sauda only smiled softly back as the girl rambled. Yiskah was young and she felt a sense of camaraderie with her. She felt that she was someone she could call a friend. Sauda reached out and touched the back of the other girl's hand with her fingers and eagerly Yiskah laced them together.

"There is a heap ton of work today so let's be quick with it, ok!"

Sauda nodded and Yiskah pulled her forward. With a giggle Yiskah took off running, letting go of Sauda's hand in the process and running uphill towards the mill. Sauda followed wordlessly, taking large leaping steps up the hill. She passed Yiskah just at the crest of the hill and looked back at her friend in victory. But Yiskah slowed as she approached, a look of awe in her eyes as she noticed something behind.

"Look! On the roof!"

Sauda turned and looked up at the mill and sure enough there was a large bird, a hawk perched on the top. It was strange to see such a large bird of prey and Sauda looke dup at it in awe as well, that is until it spread its wings. In that moment, something vague flashed between her eyes. The glorious wingspan called to mind a memory that left her reeling.

The hawk let out a screech before taking off and flying up into the air. With a strangled cry Sauda fell to her knees, but when she closed her eyes to escape the image of the hawk the image of black and white wings were in its place.

She heard a voice and hands on her shoulders. Another cry came issued from her lips as she jerked forward at the touch.

"It's me! Sauda it's me!"

She was jerked back again and she and her assailant fell against the dirt. She opened her eyes again to see the blue sky and then Yiskah's concerned face came into view.

"It was just a bird," she said.

Sauda sat up, and Yiskah leaned forward to wipe tears from her face she didn't even know she shed with the sleeve of her robe.