View Single Post
12-23-2011   #37 (permalink)
Rhinehart
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesie
It's not like the trial would be fair anyways. It's a lose-lose situation anyways because more than likely the trial would be absurdly stacked against al-Alwaki's favor making it look like America has pseudo-trials only to appease the Constitution.
Yeah, I wouldn't expect him to win a trial in the least. My point isn't that he should win it ('cuz obviously, he wasn't a nice guy), but that there still should have been a trial so at least the American people would have an illusion, if nothing else, of due process.

Quote:
Yes... but no. You implied that America was "over"; Revolution is imminent and we all need to abandon ship. But in reality my point was that all kinds of restrictions on civil liberties occur throughout American history, they were all received largely negatively, yet the country persevered. You imply (or what I at least got from what you said) was that always America ended and just rebuilded itself.
No, what I was implying was that we've never lost so many rights all in one 4 year term of a presidency until now. There is still a good chance the country will recover from this, but it's going to take a lot of work. The drama of my "America is over" thing was largely to convey the full gravity of the situation, but I probably should've left some silver lining so as not to get people down. I don't believe this is the end, really, but more of a new beginning.

Quote:
But in the grand scheme of things we still have a damn good country. Sure our rights are getting cut back, but I'd sure as hell rather live in America than say Rwanda. I'd sure as hell rather live in America than Russia. I'd sure as hell rather live in America than India. (and so on) At the end of the day, a crisis in America is a good day for most countries.
Hmm. I think Rwanda was a good example here, but I'm not too sure about Russia or India. I don't really know much about what life in Russia's like currently, but I know India's actually pretty well off, considering they got the vast majority of our outsourced jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrakeflare
So has there been any report from a relible source?
Pretty sure there has been, if you do some digging. Though I don't know what you'd consider a "reliable source".

Last edited by Rhinehart; 12-23-2011 at 06:00 AM.