12-21-2011   #35 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
The Commander-in-Chief has already assassinated an American citizen without due process. Or did you miss out on the whole Anwar al-Alwaki thing? Not saying he was a good guy, but he was still an American citizen and the whole "fair trial" thing was skipped in favor of the execution.
It's not like the trial would be fair anyways. It's a lose-lose situation anyways because more than likely the trial would be absurdly stacked against al-Alwaki's favor making it look like America has pseudo-trials only to appease the Constitution.

Quote:
That was kind of the point I was making here. History repeats itself.
Yes... but no. You implied that America was "over"; Revolution is imminent and we all need to abandon ship. But in reality my point was that all kinds of restrictions on civil liberties occur throughout American history, they were all received largely negatively, yet the country persevered. You imply (or what I at least got from what you said) was that always America ended and just rebuilded itself.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm aware of that, too. And you bringing up that whole point just lends to my "America is over" point. Sure it's dramatic, but in the grand scheme of things, it's true.
But in the grand scheme of things we still have a damn good country. Sure our rights are getting cut back, but I'd sure as hell rather live in America than say Rwanda. I'd sure as hell rather live in America than Russia. I'd sure as hell rather live in America than India. (and so on) At the end of the day, a crisis in America is a good day for most countries.

Last edited by Tardar; 12-21-2011 at 11:02 PM.