12-20-2011   #32 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhinehart
While I'd like it if things could change peacefully, I think you're right there. There most likely will be blood, but I think it's going to be because of martial law. Once the military gets sent out to stop OWS, it's probably going to trigger that civil war I was said was most likely going to happen. As soon as you see the military or the police kill one single protester, the shit is going to hit the fan.
We're lacking a lot of things for a civil war to occur, namely a serious face of opposition to actually lead the other side. Not to mention that the military isn't going to be sent out to stop OWS any time soon. Not to mention it wouldn't even be a fair civil war given the numbers of the military versus like the 20,000 protesters. A civil war won't happen just because there's a bunch of white hipsters standing around. A civil war could happen if all of a sudden the 20k-odd protestors of OWS became suddenly ultra militant. Oh, but then it's not peaceful protest so technically it can be squashed.

Quote:
Yup. It's the communist witch hunt all over again. Except now the witches are supposed terrorists and have no rights to a trial or anything else. America is over.
Drama queen. I can't take you seriously when just because the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces wants the ability to actually dispose of terrorists (because you know, there is a War on Terrorism going on) you jump the gun on the end of America.

You really need to review your history because this kind of stuff happens all the time in American history.

(See: Salem Witch Trials, McCarthyism, Election of 1864, Andrew Jackson's presidency, the Alien and Sedition Acts, Teapot Dome scandal, Nixon, Watergate Scandal, Vietnam "war" protests to name a small handful off the top of my head)

Quote:
This guy's still the only person on Fox News I respect. And he brings up a pretty good point. The state governments are going to have to defend us against the federal government if we're going to have any rights left at all.
You are aware that state and local policemen are the ones in charge of the OWS crackdown..... right? Yup, they care about rights.