Terraria 1.1.1 is now live! Here are the changes:
Bug Fixes / Performance
● Reduced the amount of RAM needed to run Terraria.
● Added an option to turn backgrounds off.
● Improved the automatic game quality adjuster.
● Lighting update won’t skip as much on lower quality levels.
● Items dropped on death for hardcore and mediumcore characters will retain their conditions.
● Space Gun now has a value.
● Water Bolt can now have conditions.
● Diving Helmet now works correctly.
● Walls now correctly show behind Glass Blocks.
● You can now untie bound NPC’s with Autopause enabled.
● Mediumcore and hardcore players will drop their cursor item on death.
● Coins held on the cursor will correctly be dropped on death.
● Dryad’s Corruption and Hallow status numbers are correct.
● Wyverns are less common and will be less likely to spawn near the ground.
● Mana Flower's price has been increased.
● Fixed the shadow glitch of trippy lighting.
● Music Boxes no longer dupe when placed on platforms.
● Fixed an issue that caused stacked coins to go missing from chests during multiplayer.
● Cursed Torch item now emits light in water.
● Harpoon can now be reforged.
● Lighting will now be set to Retro instead of crashing if Terraria is unable to switch to the new lighting mode.
● Keybindings will no longer sometimes be set to "None" automatically.
● Bombs thrown by clowns will now show that the wall has been destroyed in multiplayer.
● Crystal Shards now give off light in retro and white color mode.
● Hallowed Armor only has graphical effects with the helmet.
● Players now have hair under their hats.
● Statues no longer turn into Armor Statues when they are smashed from the top.
● Clowns only throw bombs when their target is alive.
● Added Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Green Candy Cane Blocks & Walls.
● Added Snow Blocks.
● Added Snow Bricks & Walls.
● Added Red, Green, and Blue Lights.
● Added Presents that are dropped by monsters during the holiday season.
● Added Snow Globe.
● Added Santa’s Outfit.
● Added Snowman Gangsta.
● Added Mister Stabby.
● Added Snow Balla.
● Added Santa Claus.
● Snow biomes will always be created during world gen during the holiday season. There is a 1 in 3 chance for snow biomes to be created during world gen during the rest of the year.
The wyvern thing alone made me happy, hopefully it doesn't dive bomb me every time I go through the surface jungle now.
Any monster will drop presents, even in worlds made prior to this update. Presents have a chance to drop a Snow Globe, which summons the Frost Legion (the snowmen). They can be summoned anywhere, I don't believe you have to be in a snow biome for it. Couldn't tell you, I've gone through a lot of presents and have no globe to show for it, just a ton of candy cane blocks. After defeating the Frost Legion, Santa should move into your house, provided you have a spot for him. He sells the pieces to the Santa outfit for 15 gold each and different lights for 5 silver. And of course you can mine snow from new worlds and take it back to already existing ones. I think it takes like 25~ blocks of snow to start to see the snow effect.
Edit; Forgot to mention, presents aren't stackable, even if you have multiple of the same colour. That's kind of annoying, but meh.
Last edited by Kusuriuri; 12-15-2011 at 03:18 PM.