Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
10-06-2011   #34 (permalink)
J0SH2
ggFTW Addict

J0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really niceJ0SH2 is just really nice

OH OH OH! alright guys i'll teach you a nice trick to make everything in the beginning a chump. go to the bonfire in undead burg with the ladder to the bridge with the dragon. Let him burn then and then run back to the bonfire and repeat for easy 300 souls, spend souls at merchant near your bonfire in same area. Buy a shortbow for 1000 souls and a number of arrows(you will need a lot, but they're cheap). Go under the bridge and kill the 2 guys there then SNIPE DAT RED DRAGON TAIL BRAH, you get DRAKE SWORD and its got 200 attack, but does not add your str into account, good early on. Makes everything a chump. Oh yeah, and at the merchant, get enough souls for the Residence Key(1000 Souls) to free the Sorcery Teacher in the Basement place(wherever you use basement key is called/The locked door by dragon bridge place)

For Gargoyles you CHOP DAT TAIL for a pretty nice axe, mainly cause its rare. They have massive hitboxes so they're pretty easy, BLOCK ALL MELEE, and then slash(dont be greedy with hits) and then once one dies you kill off the other one. Also, the gargoyle tail was chopped in 1 slash lolololol.
MAKE SURE YOU CUT THE TAIL OF EVERY BOSS FOR A RARE WEAPON.
uhh, also theres a guy that sits in a room thats blocked by a wooden wall that you can break down near the gargoyle area, theres a knight guarding it. Kill him and then go into the room and up the stair. There will be a man in gold/yellow armor sitting behind bars, free him and KILL HIM BECAUSE HE WILL LIE TO YOU AND KILL YOUR NPCS IN FIRELINK SHRINE. If you die, you can come back for more tries, just never leave him which kills off your NPCs and the bonfire(i think) thats at firelink.
Edit: OH YEAH, he drops an OP RING THAT BOOSTS YOUR HP, STAM, AND EQUIP LOAD BY 20%, BUT IF YOU TAKE IT OFF IT BREAKS.

Uh other stuff.... HOW TO GET BACK TO TUTORIAL ISLAND FOR EXTRA HARD BOSS. FIRE LINK SHRINE, Elevator things that lead to the church, go up it and ROLL OFF ONTO THE STONE/GRASS PART, Run to the right and then jump/roll onto the roof, should be like a line of building thats been broken down, run up and follow the stairs, do the Curl up like a ball and then the crow will take you back. Snuggly the crow is there too and you can drop stuff that he/she wants to trade for items, one good one is drop(literally on the ground in the nest) a red cracked orb(the invade other worlds item) and then quit the game and come back to find a CURSE RECOVERY ITEM AWWW YEEEAAAAHHHH. Helps in the sewers with FGT FROG THINGS WITH CURSE GAS. Boss in the area is where you fought the first tutorial boss, same one actually, only this time hes OP and the floor breaks when you step on it into a hole where you fight him.

also, BRB PLAYING DEMONS SOULS CAUSE DEMON SOULS BIRTHDAY WITH PURE WHITE TENDENCY AND PURE BLACK. Anyway, how bad is BlightTown? i just beat
Spoiler!

I mad cause i had around 3k souls and some ***GOT INVADED ME and i almost beat him, but then he destroyed me. Anyone know where to get the black eyeball ring(i forget the name, but it sucks hp when you kill or attack), i just know its somewhere in the sewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
This might sound noob but I'm having issues killing those two gargoyles on top of the building with the bell.... Lol...

Still not use to the lack of healing items though. Demon Souls I could just farm grass, this... I only get 10 or 5 depending on which bonfire i go to... D:

Maybe I shouldn't have thrown all my points into STR/DEX so i could use that Black Knight Sword which I didn't even read it's weapon type which turned out to be a Great Sword... /facepalm.
Great sword are awesome >:I MASSIVE RANGE AND DAMAGE. i used zweihander in the beginning because i like to use dat HARD SLASH THAT SMASHES THEM INTO THE GROUND WHICH IS PRETTY LULZY. Currently using Drake Sword and Knight shield with Tiny Spirit ring(name i forget, beginning gift that buffs HP) and Blue Tear Ring that boosts def when low on hp.

Yet another thing, IN THE SEWERS/DEPTHS whatever its called, is the PYROMANCER TEACHER who is trapped in a barrel, i dont completely remember how to get to him though...

Last edited by J0SH2; 10-06-2011 at 10:52 PM.