View Single Post
09-10-2011   #14 (permalink)
Gladiat
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbows
lol don't worry i got most of what you said, and thanks for reminding me about the stun. here's my take on flinches:
distance and duration is just a variable that is different for different skills, whereas the physical effect is fixed. that being said, i wouldn't define a flinch by its distance nor duration

for example,
dainn's >>S and hand of earth are both pushes; >>S is a short push while hand of earth is a far push
sieg's blow and dfist are both hkds (not counting blow's stun effect after the hkd); blow is a 0 distance hkd while dfist is a medium distance hkd
eir's holy spirit and maxed dodge are both launching skills; holy spirit has mid-low height while maxed dodge has a lot of height

to make things simpler, i would just call the boss flinch the 75hkd or something since it's only 75 skills that can make bosses flinch
I can't fully agree with blow being an HKD as you can use it to continue air combos (>>AS blow >>A kicking works). It causes instant knockdown on enemies on ground but doesn't do that in air.

I think there might need to be a classification for skills like Dodge, nado, rb Fire Crush etc since you can't hit an enemy at times when he/she is launched by the skill (causes enemy to become height sensitive to everything)... can't hit them when they're really high up etc.

Most flinches I consider regular flinches, but there are skills like IMS where I would consider it a different category because of the length of the stun. It gives enough time for an unescapable CMS (referring to first CMS hit). I'd call it "flinch freeze" or w/e because most attacks and skills don't allow a person to pull that off.

I'm not sure how to categorize pushes; there aren't that many pushes but the only thing that I've noticed about them is that they add airtime and only push on ground.

I might just refer to the level 75 skill as AHKD (Absolute Hard Knock-Down) since it completely disrupts Boss Super Armor and has an effect on everything that can be hit by it.