08-27-2011   #6 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

To everyone: Post suggestions if you want. This isn't a me-only thread, I'll gladly read what other people think, maybe I'd even use one of your ideas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdra04
Solution 1: Shield of Heaven should be another MD/DP buff, just like you said. At the same time, Elemental Shields should be exclusive to Soul Masters and function in the same way Light Shield/SoH do. That way, both Pure and Hybrid get two MD/DP buffs.
I think if it was also another MD/DP buff, I think I would also maybe halve the buff from Light Shield and add it to SoH. My biggest beef with Light magics is how tanky they are with just two skills. I'm not sure how well it'd turn out with them both being defensive buffs, but I'm naturally open to it.

I definitely do agree that the Elemental Shields need more than just an elemental resist, especially given the fact that the resist is barely necessary. I wish that the Blessings were actually a passive for the Shields that would make them automatically applied while the shields were on (maybe make them like a Dark Barrier?).

Quote:
Solution 2: Summon Boulder should at least do the same damage Drip Bomb does. This won't be so crazy considering that right now, Earth only has two "useable" skills in the form of Earthquake and Cleaving Terra. Deadly Fen becoming an Earth counterpart of Scorching Earth is not a bad idea either.
Summon Boulder does more damage than Drip Bomb. However, due to the fact that it's slower (half as fast) it doesn't deal the same. So true, I would decrease the cast and cooldown on it. My personal change to it would probably change it from a 2 cast 4.5 cool to a 1.5 cast and 2 cool.

Quote:
Solution 4: Fix Light Wave. Srsly. The skill could be fantastic if the AoE were fixed because it already deals higher damage than Radiant Strike. Also, move it to Priest. Hybrid Light Mages already get tons of AoEs, so it won't be unfair that they move this skill to Pure.
Dunno. I'm not sure why it'd go to Pure. I guess if it had a different and more useable AoE pattern then I guess it'd make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitTingles
Counterpunch+FlashCut I couldn't agree more
Thanks, I really felt that they were kinda dumby the way they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitTingles
However I don't see how Tetra is considered THAT overkill for bosses, normal mobs yes, but it still takes me like 3 tetras to kill count blood :/
There are three primary fighting aspects of Trickster: PvP/GvG, PvM, and PvBoss. I think if a skill is obviously overpowered in two aspects of the game then I think it needs looking at. But dropping a quarter of the damage, it would still do (I believe) a reasonable amount of damage, and would also encourage people to even bother with Uppercut and Counter, even if they never do get some kind of change.

@Kahru:
Didn't say that they were garbage (like Lions), only meant that some of the other classes are significantly better.