View Single Post
08-13-2011   #24 (permalink)
Poliwhirl
ggFTW Regular
Awards Retired Wiki Staff

Poliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud ofPoliwhirl has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wex
I'm guessing these are for the player's name? We could do "(talk) about yourself - npc name" or "(talk) about <player name> - npc". To separate those. If that's how it works.
I'd like to keep all the quests that share the same name, on the same page, because that's how most of the wiki's structured. On that page though, you can change the subheaders so the TOC can link to each one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wex
Also if npc name and the bolded name of the person talking are always the same (they should be, right?) that may be a little redundant. Hmm and it's a little odd that different npcs share the same page when the title is the same.
They should be the same. And yeah, I just go off the quest name in the data, and if it is the same I join the pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wex
And let's see... things to do... finish proper talk names. List rewards for friendship. Possibly list what levels gifts come at and what they are. None of those are as important to do right away. I should ask though, can rewards be pulled from the files easily?
Each NPC seems to have quests at 30 and 60 friendship that give you an item, but I not sure we have them in game yet. Then there's the items they give you via mail. I can do both of these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnabelleMarie
ty i just started using all the gifting items today....is there somewhere that shows what items they send you in the mail?
Not yet, but the wiki will, in time.

Each NPC has 10 possible mails they can send you. NPCs send mostly different gifts, but May and Kevin (for example) have the same exact mailed gifts.