View Single Post
08-02-2011   #22 (permalink)
Chris
N☣ hope left
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineGrand ChasePangyaRumble Fighter
Awards Twitter Fan

Chris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant futureChris has a brilliant future
IGN: André
Class: Computer Engineer to_wizard
Level: 25
Guild: CEFET-MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
There are also users who cheat to extend their library and kill their scrobble count.. usually we ban those if we catch them. Even though you've registered an account in 2002 or 2004 etc, there's no way you'd reach the limit (1mil). It is quite the reasonable limit and the only way to reach it, is to cheat.

By cheating I don't mean leaving your player on 24/7, as this isn't actually cheating. You're doing things the normal way -- just more frequent than normal.

However, cheating is when someone decides to scrobble songs from several applications, softwares and websites. Fortunately it's easy for us to see who has been cheating or not though. Anyway, yeah, they also shorten tracks or put short songs on repeat etc.

IDK, it's really stupid IMO. I don't understand what they achive other than everyone knowing they've cheated. In 4-5 years, it'll be possible for users who have been registered there for many, many years to reach the limit legally.
Last.fm is aware of the bug on devices like iPhone, isn't it? I don't know if they consider that "cheating" cause it's Apple's fault D: