Thread: Past Trickster
View Single Post
07-29-2011   #3 (permalink)
parudy88
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

(one of the very first illustrations..)

(old Megalopolis, this is the user who came up with the name 'Musume Drill'-"Sigujilly" in the item description is this user's name)

(start screen)

(old path to Relics gate)

Here are some things I remember from pre-AD days:

1. There were 8 skills in total for each type for each level(so 32 skills and 8 maximum TM lv). Some were learnable to all classes while some were type-specific. Majority of them were physical attack skills or stat-buff skills, so this opened up multiple ways to build your character. (For example, AP sheep or MA cat)

2. Spells were usually used from spell cards. There were some spell type skills that magic-types could learn but since spell cards were so strong, they weren't used as widely (but still used a lot, like AoE skill that were for magic type only).

3. TM exp was gained not by killing monsters but by taking type-related actions.
i.e. To raise Power-type TM you needed to attack or use power-type skills. For charm-type TM you needed to get a 'miss' from a monster or use charm-type skills. For magic type, spell cards or magic-type skills. For Sense type, drill, get block or use sense-type skills. Because of this, people started grinding at a very low level (getting hit by Golden Moles or using low level spell cards againt Koma).

4. There was a period where You'd get 100% block if you had 100 LK stats. For this some people went Pure LK and Clover of Luck(Lucky Seven, which was learnable to all types then) was a must have skill. Because of this people were able to hunt Spicy Dragon(lv 300 back then) at a relatively low level.

I'll post more when I find more stuff....

Last edited by parudy88; 07-29-2011 at 01:37 PM.