Thread: Past Trickster
View Single Post
07-29-2011   #2 (permalink)
parudy88
ggFTW Addict

parudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond reputeparudy88 has a reputation beyond repute

XD I wasn't trying to troll or anything, just thought it would be nice to have old stuff back instead of coming up with completely new stuff (since the developer's are so keen on recycling anyway).

Anyways, kTO started the closed beta on winter 2002, and after 3 trials started open beta around April 2003. I began playing this game at the end of July when 100 Day event just ended and Korean Independence Day(8.15) event was going on.

kTO can be divided to 3 different parts. First is pre-0.91 patch(~Jan 2005) days, when as I mentioned earlier we had a very different skill system (it's almost as if it was an entirely different game). Then came around Trickster AD in 2005, when option Equipments (custom, craft, ultimate, etc), mature compounding and refinement systems were updated. Then 2 years later, Trickster Revolution started servicing on seperate server provided by Ntreev (before this it was on major game publishing company called Netmarble).

For the next couple of months you could play 2 different versions of Tricksters (AD on Netmarble and R on Ntreev), but AD quickly and abruptly closed down. This was right after when the developers had a meeting with future updates on AD server so people were really upset...and I quit plaing TO at this point and didn't play it again until last year XD

Anyways, it's good to see that TO is loved by people all over the world. It's a very special game to me, because I literally played this game all throughout my teenage years (I really should stop playing games anymore XD) Please share your own memories of TO!! I'd love to hear how eTO got started...