View Single Post
07-25-2011   #8 (permalink)
Rhinehart
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlinePangya9DragonsDream of Mirror Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Rhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of lightRhinehart is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Rhinehart Send a message via AIM to Rhinehart Send a message via MSN to Rhinehart Send a message via Yahoo to Rhinehart
Xfire: rhinehart

Okay, I'm gonna have to bump this thread with a pretty big update 'cuz important stuff has recently happened regarding all this.

First off, I'd been withholding some information 'cuz I didn't really want to get any sympathy (I'm not that kinda guy and all), and some of you might've already suspected this, but after we left Nanci's house, we were eventually put into something of a homeless shelter. It was really just an apartment complex that DO have paying tenants, but certain apartments are available for people who would otherwise have been homeless, but you can only stay there for 90 days. Those 90 days are up today and we'd only recently gotten onto the waiting list to get into transitional housing in Longview. In the meantime, we would've had to have gone to the homeless shelter in Longview, which doesn't allow people to hang out in there during the day. You can only come in at night to sleep and that's it. You've gotta spend your days somewhere else. That's no big deal to me, since I'm in school four days of the week, but mom wouldn't really have much of anything to do and neither one of us have any income yet.

However, there is some good news. The Kelso CSO office finally got back to her on her cash benefits (medical benefits, which she also applied for are still mysteriously missing from the letter), so those will likely be starting up soon next month.

But there's even better news. And this is one none of you might've seen coming. Nanci had gotten back in touch with mom through emails toward the end of last week and as it turns out, she's living alone there now. Steve's gone and Tryllian's (her youngest daughter, which I'm not sure I mentioned before) over at her dad's. Nanci invited us to come live with her again. So yesterday, we did some laundry over there, today we're going to be moving our stuff back in, but we did A LOT of talking yesterday.

We all came to look at the incident with Steve a little differently on returning, 'cuz Nanci had pointed out that sometimes men have to have a "biggest **** contest", as she put it and it was the first time in my life I'd ever raised my voice that high or stood up for myself in that way. It was a huge developmental step forward for me and honestly, I don't really have anything against him anymore. Really, I just owe him for kick-starting all of these revelations I've been having since then. But I don't think I could have come quite as far as I have lately if I had still been living in that house all this time. So it seems things went exactly the way they were supposed to, from beginning to end.

Steve seems to be a little worse off, but he's really just back in the situation he's more comfortable being in. Trying times. He's not really used to "normal life", after having been in and out of prison so long. Now he's back with his little druggie friends and such in California. But Nanci knew mom wouldn't come back to the house as long as he was still home, either, so that's just how it goes.

Anyhow, I'm back in school and I've gotta get to class in an hour, but I figured I'd give ya the big update. We're not homeless, yay! And lately, I've come to realize I'm more independant than I ever thought I would be. Despite the fact I'm living with my mom and her friend, I've always been on my own emotionally, taking care of myself and working out my own problems. And with her current condition (the injuries in her neck and the strength in her left arm leaving her), I want to stick around so I can take care of her.

As for school, I only have around a $2000 loan to pay off before I can apply for grants and that won't take long if I get a job. I recently applied for a job as a conductor at a train station near Longview that pays $800 a week for trainees (the pay goes up from there) at entry level. I've heard back from them, but they haven't said whether I have the job or not, just that they've recieved my application and they have alot to go through. So here's hoping that pans out. If it does, I'll be starting after getting my GED (that's kind of the timing of when they start hiring for the positions [of which there are eight]) and I think I've got fairly good odds. I'm very confident in myself now.

Last edited by Rhinehart; 07-25-2011 at 08:41 AM.