Thread: The Hobbit
View Single Post
07-24-2011   #9 (permalink)
Ayu
雲散霧消
Games
ACE OnlineAir RivalsCosmic BreakGunZ
Awards Event WinnerFacebook FanPervert Award

Ayu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond reputeAyu has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Ayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee
The fact that they're putting it into two parts just makes me feel that it will have most, if not all of the content.

and Ayumi, I'm pretty certain Lotr is already out on blu-ray. The extended edition blu-ray was released last month iirc :3
Oh damn, I'm just behind times then. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momiji
Given the fact that the Hobbit is not that long (My family owns 3 copies of different "editions," mine is about 306 pages, my mother's from the '70s is about 316 pages) I see no reason to split them in half other than to milk more money out of a fairly milked series. Assuming the movies are typical LotR length (2hrs+) then there should be no details left out for a fairly short book. If it was one movie then I'd be fine with details being left out, but two movies for a short book is a definite no. Not to mention I don't even see a good place to split the book anyways.
It was just a general question, since I'm not a huge fan of books. I agree that they shouldn't split it into two movies, though. I think they like to do it because they know LotR and HOP were popular waits, but that's because they were written that way and already split stories.

Tumblr Twitter Last.fm
☆ 3DS: 3883-6119-6754