07-24-2011   #8 (permalink)
Tardar
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi
Can you think of a movie that did not leave out anything or differ the movie from the original books?
Given the fact that the Hobbit is not that long (My family owns 3 copies of different "editions," mine is about 306 pages, my mother's from the '70s is about 316 pages) I see no reason to split them in half other than to milk more money out of a fairly milked series. Assuming the movies are typical LotR length (2hrs+) then there should be no details left out for a fairly short book. If it was one movie then I'd be fine with details being left out, but two movies for a short book is a definite no. Not to mention I don't even see a good place to split the book anyways.