View Single Post
07-01-2011   #85 (permalink)
zgmfx19a
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandol
Weiss is pretty much right.

When I showed interest in the tournament and tried to get some people out of the KR community to get interested, pretty much it was a matter of two excuses.

1- I don't feel like making a TW account to participate.
2- I don't feel like trying to grind up suits to participate. Or I feel that the current level of suits I possess could not hope to possibly compete with OC 5 Dynames ARs or other such top level competitive suits.

It's just a lot of hassle to get things primed, especially when the server's cream of the crop bands together. When 2-3 of the best players band up (which is natural) people will feel intimidated or write themselves off as having no chance.

I'll be honest in that I don't play TW much, but during the times I am on, there seems to be at least 3 or 4 people on out of the short list I've added on. It'd almost be more efficient to do what the English KR community does, and instead arrange for nightly or semi-nightly English player rooms to just have fun and work on their game. Sure there will be those that get angry at others and overreact (lord knows we have those all over the place in KR), but at the same time others will take that criticism and attempt to better themselves and not become liabilities.
I am not that naive to be expecting KR or HK players to join. Truth to be told, if something similar is held in KR or HK, I'll find it a hassle to play there as well.

But honestly, we have a decently huge TW player base here. What I am saying about is the TW community though. I am sorry if I was not clear about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weissritter
I am not trying to dis-encourage you from hosting a tourny. But when it doesn't work as it is intended, you should be expect such outcome and see what else you can do that can improve the experience so that it wouldn't turn out to be so bad.
I did expect it, but I still can't help but be disappointed.

@AoSora & Bng422

That's nice. Glad to see people like that still around.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 07-01-2011 at 09:29 PM.