View Single Post
07-01-2011   #81 (permalink)
weissritter
Wei Wei~
Awards MoM Award

weissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond reputeweissritter has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to weissritter
IGN: Weibritter // Edelweis
Class: Lion / Gundams to_scientist
Guild: Symphony

Guess I'll elaborate a little. Since I wasn't being very objective when I wrote it and i'll apologize for the attitude.

I am not trying to dis you on this but what your not realizing is that your team setup even with high prize, is a barrier to entry.

Its like playing 00R OCEX c3 HP, OC def, ex Def vs a training gm without any skill. Where is the fun or point in that? I know you work hard, and deserve every right to use whatever suits you want. But as said. The above scenario. Where is the fun in that?

Scenario 1
Let say if they were to get players from KR, they would start a new account. Try to roll the proper suit/make proper S rank. Leveling them up to the expectation of OC 5.
How long does that take? The KR players isn't going to do this for any prizes. Maybe for fun. But most suits readily available wouldn't be very competitive to start off. It would be more of a cannon fodder.

So Scenario 2
Question is, how many "dedicated" player are there, that will make effort and have the time to train all their suit to OC 5? Especially an S rank or atleast an A rank. Most player that are on, are more on for casual play. Most old and current clan member that I know still plays very casually. They are on to try out new suits. Maybe get to OC2 or 3. And then stop. They don't play everyday trying to grind their ass off. Nor do they spend on cellies to level up their suits.

So when they sees all the pretty OC Ex, OC 6s, basically they gave up already. What is the point? Most doesn't even have the proper suit to begin with.
And even worst, last time I was with kira, he still doesn't know how to curve missiles. Or some random guy that has alot of OCEX S ranks and lost both lives under 30sec.

So everything takes time, it isn't something, oh there is a tourny, I'll get my skill/suit to top notch in a week. It doesn't work that way. It also has to do with the player themselves whether they want to just enjoy this casual game, or whether they want to play competitively. And to be competitive, skill usually are earned over time, I would say about a year roughly for average game play.

But those that truly wants to play competitively and aims to be competitively is a tiny population from what I can see. Its roughly about 4 teams. So thats about 12 minutes and everything should be over.

This is something that no matter how good the prize, how many tourny you or anyone hold, cannot change. It is how the current state is. You can't suddenly get people that purely play casually to suddenly gear up.

This is the issue I am trying to inform you, and it isn't about the prizes. Prizes only adds people that think they can AFK for it and freeload. So it ends up as 00R OCEX vs trainer GM. And the result is pretty clear.

I am not trying to dis-encourage you from hosting a tourny. But when it doesn't work as it is intended, you should be expect such outcome and see what else you can do that can improve the experience so that it wouldn't turn out to be so bad.

Last edited by weissritter; 07-01-2011 at 06:49 PM.