View Single Post
06-28-2011   #12 (permalink)
Saibak
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light
Default Engrish ftw!

Quote:
Hello, Fans of Lunia

Thanks for the email about changes in file structure.
It is our bad not able to provide Bug Free or Modification Free client to fans of Lunia.
But then I hope that you would understand our situation as well. Following statement can be an excuse to you but it is what we are facing in real world.
If all fans of Lunia has an ability to modify client as they wish without having any problem with client stability issues and client hacking issue, we wouldn't mind what they do at all.
And also if all fans of Lunia is good to us all time, not trying to breaking in our system with modified client and so on. Again, we wouldn't mind what they do at all.
But then in real world, we as game developer face lots of challenges with modified game client.
- Users who just copy modified client cause it looks neat and nice will not be able to handle if client problem comes up the surface. In this case, CS team will have a hard time to come up with guide to them.
- Developer will not be able to spot whether those modified client is part of illegal use or not.
These two issues are most critical for all time.
I know best thing of all time fixing this problem is providing script based User Interface so users can modified the UI as they wish.
But then it take so much time and men power which we can't support right now.
I hope that you would understand our side of story as well.
If you can leave some of good idea about changing User Interface, I will be glad to look over and suggest to our dev. person.

Thanks.
This is allmīs answer to my email regarding client editing. I expected such an answer. I really miss my client edits :/