Thread: Rusty Hearts
View Single Post
06-16-2011   #69 (permalink)
Griever
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Rusty HeartsDragon Nest

Griever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud ofGriever has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Griever
IGN: Werewolf
Class: Healer to_buffalo
Level: 20
Guild: RustyHearts

Quote:
The story setup is simple: Lord Vlad the leader of the Vampire armies (shocking I know) is waging war against all humans and half-Vampires to be certain that all who remain are purebloods. Itís your job as the player to stand united against him and his minions, and that means a whole lot of dungeon-crawling, arse-kicking, and loot collecting. Rusty Hearts is equal parts Diablo and Castlevania and itís an interesting mix that works well with the keyboard or the Xbox 360 controller I was using. The gameís best feature isnít its story, but rather its beat-em-up action that will remind many of games like Final Fight, Castle Crashers, and even a little Devil May Cry. If that sounds appealing to you in any way shape or form, you should probably keep your eyes on Rusty Hearts.

The combat is a mixture of special skills on your hotbar and attack combos between you and your partners. You can also grab enemies and toss them about or pound them into the ground with Tude, much like the action found in games like Vindictus. Itís all very fast-paced and the enemies drop loot like piŮatas. Everything from potions to gear and special reward cards will line your bags by the time youíre done. At the end of each dungeon thereís a bonus mini-game where all players who picked up cards get to turn over one in the hopes of finding something rare or unique. Youíre all picking from the same cards, so youíd better pick yours quickly and hope luckís on your side. The developers told us that some cards have items that people canít even buy from the store if they wanted to, so I guess thatís pretty good incentive to go card hunting and whack all monsters in a dungeon.
Kewl.____________