View Single Post
04-13-2011   #61 (permalink)
Valese
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineProject Blackout

Valese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond reputeValese has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Valese
Class: Charm to_primadonna
Level: 340
Guild: {7N}

Someone before this post wrote that having dereps removed will cause people to actually speak out now instead of hiding behind reps. But when people actually call a name at, for example, the ranting section of the forums they get attacked or the whole thread or post gets removed, cause the person they were talking about is basically getting talked about, and that's a big no-no on these forums.

At least by derepping someone, you, me, everyone that derepped at least once, made sure that their voice could be heard without having the fear of getting their opinion removed, even if it was by 'hiding' behind the rep system. I actually left my name a couple times when I derepped members cause it didn't really matter to me because it was my opinion they were acting rude about; and they did derep back (it was obvious, and no I never asked a mod who derepped me, cause I couldn't care less) but never left their names.

So I think that the rep system should've been left the way it was. The only changes that would've been better would be actually showing the names of the people who rep or derep you, or completely removing the power the mods have to be able to check who gives what rep, and just let Yuki and Paul be the only ones that can.