View Single Post
04-13-2011   #9 (permalink)
Nihil679
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Paying near $30 for a single set of equipments on Grand Chase for quadruple the stats of people your level with GP equipment, and the price only going higher as the level progressed, is not my idea of balance nor affordable.
While I do agree that cash shop should give some advantages over free-users, for they are paying the price of the game, should such a huge advantage be given like that? In real comparison, the advantage was almost akin to comparing Bill Gates to the poverish minority. The difference was near ridiculous, no one was content, no one should have been content.
If I remember correctly, they charged $50 for a cosmetic item in Pangya. $50 for bits and data that do nothing to give you an advantage either. Name any other company that charges more than $30 for anything in their cash shops, much less pure cosmetics.
If such a thing as "supply and demand" worked in gameconomics, I would not be so hard on the issue as I am. However, there is no "supply" in computer programming. At the hit of a button, you create infinite amounts of "items." It is literally selling air--- pure, excess, luxury air. They base prices purely on their expenses to create items (employee salary, game licensing fee) and demand. However, for a single item to go anywhere past $30 is already well beyond both.
In real life, why are new game consoles costly? Because they are new, low in supply in comparison to high demand.
Why do they lower in cost? Because they soon have too much in supply, and demand has lessened.
Why do cash shop prices stay constant? Because there is no supply.
The fact of the matter is that this just goes back to balance. While I, again, don't think we should heavily tax Bill Gates for nearly all his assets and be free on the poor, I also don't think it should be everybody's game for online games in terms of cash shop. However, when it becomes as ridiculous as paying $50 for items or over quadruple stats and the advantage of becoming near god-like, such things should be reduced, either by relieving the free or downgrading the cash. No game company is benevolent in such a sense that they are trying to teach you. In this glorious American system of capitalism, money is the huge factor, but even then government has stepped in to fix problems with the market. Why? To keep the people at rest. This should apply loosely to online games, else we will be buying "embalmed eggs" from their cash shop for wheelbarrows of money.