View Single Post
04-12-2011   #37 (permalink)
gawhie
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleEden Eternal
Awards Retired Wiki StaffMost Valuable DivisionEvent Winner

gawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond reputegawhie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: DiisneyLoverrrrr
Class: Sheepie

It was something, maybe, implemented for fun, however I believed the leaving of negative reputation actually took it away. There were quite an amount of people actually that didn't see the reputation thing as fun and actually took them seriously, that it really meant something, with that including the negative reps that were received as well.

I always thought there was no need for something like this to begin with, I've stated it before as well, if people appreciate or even are dissatisfied with a person's post they could very well just state that through a post, pm or even visitor messages. In reality however quite some people don't seem to, this especially goes for leaving some criticism or having a change of views. I've gotten quite some negative reputations just like as an "-" comment as well, thinking what might even be the reason for that, but I stopped caring when you've been told over and over again it's just a fun system and is within the rules.

Just a little piece of advice, one should disregard the green bar and actually start caring more and noticing what the person actually says, how and in what form. The green bar is nothing but for some show thingie in my opinion and it doesn't say anything about the person, just like how I've been de-repped randomly, I've been repped randomly as well at times, however I know this is something that doesn't just apply to me.

People should stop whining now, with this recent change, for people that disliked it or got fed up with it, you can say it's pretty much disabled now. For people that actually want a real rep system, you should realize there is a lot of work involved in managing something like that, which I doubt just Yuki could handle by herself, not to mention picking the right people to handle such issues.

In short, I think this was a good decision.