View Single Post
04-12-2011   #36 (permalink)
zgmfx19a
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirae
If the -rep system is still kept in place, members will still leave comments like " - " or " (pretend this is blank)."
I never quite understood why the forum insist on comments for neg reps while it is not required for positive reps. If that is allowed, then there will be a lot less drama about the rep already.

Obviously, this move reduces the potential drama bait and the workload of Yuki. I do welcome this move speaking from a moderator point of view.

However, speaking as a user, I am disappointed that obvious trolls will no longer get their deserved neg reps. MMOsite without it's huge honking red rep bar? GGFTW will never be the same again. And obviously, it makes it easy for newcomers to spot forum trolls, because there will only be 2 reason why the accounts with huge neg reps get them.

1. They are legitimate trolls pissing people off.
2. They requested to be neg-repped to be unique, which I believe is the case for Ken, although I am not too sure.

The lack of feature to identify trolls will undoubtedly be a loss to the forum site.

Ultimately, I believe this is due to the fact that the overall community is still not mature enough to handle the neg-rep system, and a handful of users are obsessively anal about it. There's a forum I surf that encounters no such problem with a reputation system that PUBLICLY DISPLAYS who reps who.

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 04-12-2011 at 05:22 AM.