View Single Post
04-11-2011   #30 (permalink)
Esper
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Trickery
Class: Sorcerer
Guild: FrenchBread

Please think of it from this point of view.
Ability to view who gave -rep is taken away (except Management and Operations) with -rep system still in place.
Those who use to be able to view -rep can now longer view them. With that change, the drama of negative rep wars has dropped (notice I didn't say 100% gone). Members now no longer know who is giving who the +/-.

If the -rep system is still kept in place, members will still leave comments like " - " or " (pretend this is blank)." Now this so called member may do either of these two things:
  1. Kindly send a PM to staff saying "Please check into this and remove it" when the true feeling is "REMOVE THAT UGLY RED BAR. I WANT MY GREEN BARS BACK!"
  2. Create a thread in Questions, Feedback & Suggestions demanding that someone on Staff do something (infraction, ban, whatever the member states) for whoever gave that negative rep. The next thing you know, a bunch of members come in to create a flame war/drama. It's happened before.

Personally, the drama should have ended a long time ago. People feel proud to give negative reps because they won't be found out. The end result, just more unwanted drama for both parties (if found).

I am saying this as a member and not in a staff position. Staff is not meant to be your big brother/sister to punch the person who's been bullying you. Drama should be taken elsewhere because people that create the drama is just asking to create a big audience here.

End result: We have a lovely HR called Yuki. She's a nice person and is willing to help out because that's the kind of person she is.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog