04-11-2011   #27 (permalink)
james
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

james has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond reputejames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime
I prefer it this way actually.

we have more than enough ways to show disapproval of each other's actions: aka our words.

But ways to encourage positive action in a community is always a benefit.

Many people say the best way to deal with a troll is to ignore them; yet the option to de-rep someone was always around to let them know their ways successfully bothered somebody.

Now rep exists in a more positive format: People who constantly make guides or strong posts will amass rep much faster than the average member or member who -cough- still needs to work on some things.

In other words: I now see rep as meter of site contribution, which sounds like a much better system to me, with much less room for abuse.
Took the words right out of my keyboard.