Thread: Dog Days
View Single Post
04-03-2011   #9 (permalink)
Saibak
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaSilkroad OnlineDynasty Warriors OnlineTales of Fantasy

Saibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of lightSaibak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
Can you truly say this anime is a copycat purely based off three things? Although I did joke with a friend that the bird is very similar to a chocobo, you just can't call it a copycat when there are three different "references" made.
And since when did the conquering of castles become a single thing? Is there another way to win medieval wars now? So just because a story has the conquering of a castle to win a war, it's a copy cat of something?
Though it´s quite common to borrow some ideas here and there and to modify them so they fit into your own plot, but for my tastes Dog Days copied a bit too much from other shows and thus lacks originality. I hope this changes in future episodes, but this is my impression after the first one.

What I meant with "Conquer the enemy´s fortress -> Takeshi´s Castle"is rather the whole mechanism on how it´s done in Dog Days. The whole setup is almost exactly as in the game show Takeshi´s Castle: The attackers have to beat several obstacle courses until they can face the enemy leader and defeat him, while the whole battle is commented by moderators. Even the soft projectiles fired from air-powered cannons are there.
I just hope that both sides don´t end up driving weird vehicles and start shooting each other with water pistols, like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wc_UMDdtjo to determine the winner in episode 2...

Last edited by Saibak; 04-03-2011 at 12:04 PM.